This weeks Playlist will be almost equal parts TV and Books related. My recent absence has been filled with reading as usual but also, and probably if I’m honest more so, watching TV Shows. I will be doing a List of my favourite TV Shows that have filled my life over the last few months but one show I have been watching almost obsessively, has been the Gilmore Girls. I had already watched all seasons but when it popped up on Netflix recently and the news of the New Season appeared I knew I just had to have a marathon run from start to end before the November release. Warning: This amount of watching TV is probably not healthy.
So, my list for this week will be (drum roll please)…
The following books were picked from a list which was collated by people who have more attention to detail and patience than I do. I get far too wrapped up in it all.
Here we go. In no particular order.
1) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
2) A Room with a View by E.M Forster
3) Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
4) Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
5) Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
6) Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
7) The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
8) Atonement by Ian McEwan
9) 1984 by George Orwell
10) Harry Potter by J.K.Rowling
Phew. Its almost impossible to pick 10 out of a list of 339 although admittedly I haven’t read quite a lot of them.
Has anyone tried to complete the Gilmore Girls Reading List?